Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1993
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2021): 100
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2021): 100
Ken Whalen practices as a Supreme Court Certified Circuit Court Mediator and as an Arbitrator in the areas of personal injury, insurance law, mass tort, aviation, railroad injury litigation, and many other types of litigation. He is qualified as a Federal Court Mediator in the Middle District.
He has also handled appeals in the Florida Second District Court of Appeal, Florida Fourth District Court of Appeals, the Florida Supreme Court, and the Pennsylvania Superior Court.
Mr. Whalen has been certified as a Florida Circuit Court and Federal Mediator since 1993 and has mediated many cases.
He has lectured on various topics, including torts, insurance coverage, rental car litigation, Circuit Court costs, professionalism, and ethics. He has over 35 years experience in the practice of personal injury law, over 20 as a defense lawyer, including serving as Staff Counsel for The Travelers and Continental Insurance Companies and over 15 as a plaintiffs lawyer in personal injury cases, railroad injuries and appeals. He has spent more than 20 years as a part time mediator with over 3 years as a full time mediator.
Before beginning a full time ADR practice, he was a member of Murray, Morin & Herman, P.A. doing aviation and transportation injury defense. He has been a member of the following firms:
- Bales-Weinstein, Tampa - plaintiff's personal injury
- Moody, Strople, Kloeppel & Basilone, Brandon - plaintiff's personal injury and FELA (railroad)
- Harris, Barrett, Mann & Dew, St. Petersburg - personal injury defense
- Peirce, Raimond & Whalen, Tampa - plaintiff's personal injury, FELA (railroad) & mass tort
- Continental Insurance Company Staff Counsel - personal injury defense, insurance coverage
- The Travelers Insurance Company - personal injury defense, insurance coverage
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Debt Collections
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Railroad & Trucking
- Wrongful Death
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, JD
- University of Pittsburgh, Bachelor of Arts
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy, ATLA Trial Advocacy
Memberships & Affiliations
- Florida Bar
- Federal District Court; MD of Fla
- Certified Circuit Mediator - 1993 (4589-R)
- Florida Supreme Court qualified Arbitrator
- Certified Federal Middle District Mediator - 1993
- United States Supreme Court
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals; 3rd & 11th Circuits
- Pennsylvania Bar
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell "AV" Rated
- 2 Party Mediations - $275 per hour. Three hour minimum.
- Multiple Parties: $100 per hour per party.
No travel charges to Pinellas, Polk, Pasco Counties and to Brooksville.