Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1999
- Total Mediations (as of Nov 2019): 5000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Nov 2019): 500
Richard C. Mahoney has experience in diverse areas of law, including personal injury and pedestrian accidents; wrongful death; medical malpractice actions; insurance defense; premises liability; insurance coverage issues; real estate; probate; business organization; contract litigation; landlord / tenant matters; workers compensation; foreclosure mediation; wills, trusts and estates; and will contests. He has been practicing law for over 39 years, and has conducted many trials and appeals, representing plaintiffs and defendants in virtually all types of litigation.
In 1999, the judges of the Superior Court of Connecticut appointed Mr. Mahoney a state mediator, fact finder, and arbitrator. He has also acted as a private mediator and arbitrator for attorneys from Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York. He continues his dedication to the community through his involvement in civic and community work.
He has been rated by Martindale-Hubbell as having an "A" "V" rating for the past 30 years.
- Contract Disputes
- Elder Abuse
- Legal Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Trusts / Estates
- Workers' Compensation
- Wrongful Death
- J.D., University of Connecticut School of law, 1979
- B.A., Williams College, with honors, 1975
Memberships & Affiliations
- Hartford County Bar Association
- Connecticut Trial Lawyers Association
- Connecticut Bar Association
- Arbitrator and Mediator through ADR Facilitation
- Arbitrator and Mediator through Century Mediation Associates
- Arbitrator and Mediator through Dispute Resolution, Inc.
- Arbitrator and Mediator through Litigation Alternatives
- Arbitrator and Mediator through Resolute Systems, Inc.
- Arbitrator and Mediator through Amicus Mediation & Arbitration Group, Inc.
$400.00 per hour