Academy Member Inducted 2023
Regularly travels out of state to: Connecticut, MassachusettsOther ADR Services: Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Special Master
- Practice Commenced: 2006
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 120
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2023): 2
Andrew Schriever is partner and a member of Prince Lobel’s Business Litigation and Cannabis Industry groups. He has a wide range of experience, with a focus on commercial and real estate matters, including complex and multi-party actions, contract actions, corporate disputes, partnership conflicts and dissolutions, condominium actions, adjacent landowner disputes and zoning disputes with municipalities, as well as cannabis market-related disputes and general civil litigation matters.
Mr. Schriever helped to lead a committee comprised of judges, court staff and Practitioners who helped to design and implement the New York State Court's 9th Judicial District’s presumptive mediation program covering five counties, as well as the Alternative Dispute Resolution Rules for the Westchester County Commercial Division and General Part. He currently serves on a task force to expand the State's court mediation program, where he serves as a coach for mediation certification training. Mr. Schriever is also a Past Co-Chair of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the Westchester County Bar Association (WCBA), where he has been selected to serve as that Bar Association's President for the 2023-2024 year.
Mr. Schriever has studied mediation since attending Boston College Law School in the late-90s and he has been certified as a New York State Office of Court Administration mediator, having completed the advanced commercial mediation training (which he now helps to facilitate). Mr. Schriever is designated as a Court-appointed mediator on multiple county rosters and he has also served as a Court-appointed arbitrator and special referee. As a patner in a firm with a presence in New York, Connecticut and Massachusetts, and with licenses to practice in each of these jurisdictions, Mr. Schriever is able to account for variations in state law and practice when evaluating and helping to reach settlement of disputes.
Mr. Schriever is also a co-founder and president of the Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association and co-founder and Board member of the New York City Cannabis Industry Association, Mr. Schriever also currently Co-chairs the WCBA's Task Force on Attorney Well Being and the Post-COVID Practice of Law and he is also an active member and lecturer for its Cannabis Law Committee.
Mr. Schriever also previously served as president of the Board of Directors for the Legal Aid Society of Westchester County, as legal counsel on the Board of Directors of RiverArts, vice president of the Greenburgh Nature Center’s Board of Directors, as well as an editor of the WCBA Bar Journal. He also served as the WCBA’s treasurer for two terms and a Board member before that. Mr. Schriever also served as a delegate to the New York State Bar Association’s House of Delegates (its policy-making arm).
Mr. Schriever is also a frequent presenter, including as host of Cannabis Industry Association policy forums, and speaker on cannabis policy at the NY Cannabis Insider 2022 Cannabis Forum, the 2022 and 2021 NYS Cannabis Expos , CannaPack 2021 at the Javits Center, The Society of Marketing Professionals, The Westchester Biotech Project Forum, The Westchester County Association, The Westchester Business Council, The Westchester Municipal Officials Association and before the Sullivan County Legislature. Featured as an expert in cannabis law and policy in various media, including River Journal News, Honeysuckle Magazine, Chronogram Magazine, Cannabis Law Report and local cable, as well as in radio and podcast interviews. Instructor for CLE seminars for multiple Bar Associations including for Westchester County, White Plains, the Westchester Black Bar Association, and the Bronx County Bar Association, as well as Lorman and Westlaw, focusing on cannabis law and policy, commercial litigation, mediation and arbitration strategies, collaborative law, how to settle cases, drafting contract clauses aimed at litigation prevention, real estate development, condominium law and commercial landlord-tenant practice.
Mr. Schriever is a magna cum laude graduate of Boston College Law School, with a Masters Degree from the University of Massachusetts/Boston, and a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Massachusetts/Amherst.
Mr. Schriever is admitted to practice in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, the United States Supreme Court, the Second Circuit Court of Appeals, all Federal Districts of New York and the District Courts of Connecticut and Massachusetts.
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Family Businesses
- Land Use/Planning
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Unfair Competition
- Boston College Law School, J.D., magna cum laude 1998
- University of Massachusetts/Boston, M.A., English 1995
- University of Massachusetts/Amherst, B.A., English, cum laude 1992
- University College London, England 1991
Memberships & Affiliations
- President-Elect, Westchester County Bar Association
- Mediator, Westchester/Orange/Putnam County Supreme Court Civil/Commercial Divisions
- Trainer/Coach 2022-23 9th Judicial District Mediation Training
- Member, 9th Judicial District Access To Justice Committee for ADR access/training
- Co-Chair, Westchester County Bar Association Attorney Wellness Task Force
- Co-Founder/Director, New York City Cannabis Industry Association
- Co-Founder/President, Hudson Valley Cannabis Industry Association
- Past Vice President, Treasurer, Board Member, Westchester County Bar Association
- Past Editor, Westchester County Bar Association Bar Journal
- Past Member, House of Delegates, New York State Bar Association
- Past President, The Legal Aid Society of Westchester County
- Past Vice President, Greenburgh Nature Center Board of Directors
- Past Member, RiverArts Board of Directors
- Past Co-Chair, Westchester County Bar Association ADR/Public Service Committees
- Member, Westchester County Bar Association Cannabis Law Committee
Please call for details.