Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2020
- Total Mediations (as of Dec 2022): 300
Bill is a mediator and arbitrator, helping lawyers find solutions that satisfy their clients' interests.
While Bill's mediation practice generally focuses on business disputes, he is often called to help with other kinds of matters that are complex or "out-of-the-ordinary." Bill's approach to mediation is simple: prepare well, challenge everyone's assumptions, and never, ever quit. Lawyers find value in Bill’s efforts and routinely select him for Florida Trend's Legal Elite and Florida Super Lawyers. Bill’s peers selected him to join the National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals, the country’s preeminent organization for ADR professionals. Bill also serves on the American Arbitration Association’s panel of arbitrators.
During his 25+ year litigation career, Bill represented clients across a broad range of industries in courts from coast-to-coast and in all major arbitral forums. Bill was routinely voted to Best Lawyers of America, Florida Trend’s Legal Elite, and Super Lawyers by his peers. Bill has a particular expertise in eDiscovery and is a Certified eDiscovery Specialist.
Bill is a member of the Jacksonville Civic Council and is a member of Leadership Florida and Leadership Jacksonville.
In his spare time, Bill restores vintage cars, tries to embarrass his children in front of their friends as much as possible, and is perpetually searching for a new adventure.
You can reach Bill at (904) 478-0079 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Public Policy
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- 9/2020 Harvard University School of Law, Program on Negotiation, Cambridge, Massachusetts - Negotiation and Leadership
- 6/2018 Pepperdine University Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Malibu, California - Mediating the Litigated Case
- 8/93-5/96 Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
Juris Doctor, Magna Cum Laude, May, 1996
- 8/89-5/93 Southern Methodist University, Dallas, Texas
Bachelor of Arts, May, 1993
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Arbitration Association, Panel Member
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Arbitrator
- Florida Supreme Court Circuit Civil Certified Mediator
- Best Lawyer in America, Commercial Litigation, 2019-21
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2009, 2012-2022
- Florida Trend Legal Elite, 2008-2012, 2015, 2018-2022
- Martindale Hubble AV Rating
- Litigation Counsel of America, Senior Fellow
- Chester Bedell American Inn of Court, Master
- Federal Bar Association, Member
- Jacksonville Bar Association, Member
My fees are computed as follows:
- $450.00 per hour for two-party mediation
- $525.00 per hour for three-party mediation
- $600.00 per hour for four-party+ mediations
In addition to the time spent at the mediation conference, my fees will include the time I spend on any pre-mediation meetings and conference calls, review of submitted materials and related research, time devoted to any follow-up efforts to reach settlement. Mediations will also incur a one-time administrative fee of $250 per party. Travel time for mediations outside of Duval County, Florida will be billed at one-half of the applicable hourly rate. Costs incurred for airfare, mileage, tolls, parking, lodging and meals will be billed as incurred. Payments made by credit card will be subject to a processing fee. All charges will be divided equally between the parties involved in the mediation, unless otherwise agreed in writing.