Academy Member Inducted 2017Map & Directions
Carol S. Cope is a respected and experienced dispute resolution professional practicing ADR for the past 20 years. She has successfully mediated hundreds of cases in state and federal courts covering a wide range of disputes, including acting as a sole mediator in multi-million dollar contract disputes. Cope has earned a reputation of being knowledgeable, well prepared, efficient, and effective.
A former federal law clerk, Cope is currently serving as vice-chair of the Federal Mediation Advisory Committee for the United States Southern District of Florida. She also served her alma mater, University of Miami School of Law, as Assistant Dean for External Affairs for nearly 10 years. She is the author of three nationally published non-fiction books.
Cope has been certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a Circuit/Civil mediator since 1990 and is listed as a federal mediator by the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida.
Cope combines nearly 10 years of commercial litigation practice with her education and experience as a psychologist to assist her in working with litigants and counsel in reaching mutually satisfactory resolutions to vigorously contested matters.
- ADA Disability
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- University of Miami School of Law, Juris Doctor, Magna cum laude, 1980
- Member, University of Miami Law Review Western Michigan University, B.A. 1966, English and Psychology
- University of Michigan, M.A. 1970, Psychology
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member, The Florida Bar
- Member, Trial Bar, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Law Clerk to the Hon. Sidney M. Aronovitz (deceased), U. S. District Court, Southen District of Florida, 1980-1982
- Named "Elite Mediator," Florida Trend, 2007
- Vice-Chair, Federal Mediation Advisory Committee, United States District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Assistant Dean for External Affairs and Director, Center for Continuing Legal Education; Adjunct Professor, Mediation Seminar, University of Miami School of Law, Coral Gables, Florida, 1998-2007
- Member, The Florida Bar, International Law Section, ADR Section Executive Council, Business Law Section, RPPTL Section
- Member, American Bar Association, Section of Dispute Resolution
- Member - Federal Bar Association, Intellectual Property Section, Employment Section
- Member, Florida Association for Women Lawyers
- Member, Dade County Bar Association
Please call for details.