Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Massachusetts, New YorkOther ADR Services: Early Neutral Evaluation, Fact Finding, Med-Arb, Special Master
- Practice Commenced: 2000
- Total Mediations (as of Oct 2020): 300
- Total Arbitrations (as of Oct 2020): 10
For approximately 30 years, Chuck Stohler has been the lead partner in Carmody’s Labor and Employment practice. Chambers USA calls him “an excellent lawyer,” “creative, strategic and conscientious,” “a veteran of employment law who knows the subject matter inside out” and as having “a wealth of HR experience, giving him valuable insight into the problems and opportunities of employment and labor law.” His practical, common sense approach with clients distinguishes Chuck and the Carmody Labor & Employment practice.
Chuck’s overall employment law experience spans more than 35 years, including several stints as an HR professional. Chuck has represented clients in virtually every aspect of employment law as well as traditional labor relations matters. He has appeared before the U.S. Departments of Labor, numerous state DOLs, the EEOC, the Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities and other state FEP agencies, other administrative employment bodies and state and federal courts.
At the request of numerous parties, Chuck’s practice has focused on alternative dispute resolution, and he regularly serves as a neutral in mediations, arbitrations, fact findings and investigations. In particular, he has mediated numerous national and regional class and collective action wage-hour matters. Chuck, and the Carmody Labor & Employment Group, provide training seminars and written materials on all aspects of the employment relationship. These seminars include customized management training programs as well as presentations to state and national industry groups.
- ADA Disability
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Health Care
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Muhlenberg College, A.B., 1978 ~ summa cum laude
- Duke University School of Law, J.D., 1981
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Arbitration Association Panel of Employment Arbitrators, Member
- American Arbitration Association Panel of Commercial Arbitrators, Member
- American Arbitration Association Panel of Employment Mediators, Member
- American Bar Association, Labor and Employment and ADR Sections
- Connecticut Bar Association, Labor and Employment and ADR Sections
- Connecticut Bar Association, Labor and Employment and ADR Executive Committee (former)
- New York Bar Association, Labor and Employment and ADR Sections
- New Haven Bar Association
- Waterbury Bar Association
- Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM – Connecticu
Call for rates.