Academy MemberMap & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1985
- Total Mediations (as of Oct 2021): 300
- Total Arbitrations (as of Oct 2021): 400
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Intellectual Property
- Media & Communications
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Juris Doctor, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina - 1971
- Masters in Government (Public Administration), The George Washington University, Washington D.C. - 1966
- Bachelor of Arts (History), University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1964.
American Arbitration Association: Chairing an Arbitration Panel: Managing Procedures, Process & Dynamics (ACE005), 2006; ACE004 - Dealing With Delay Tactics in Arbitration, 12/05; ACE001 - Arbitration Awards: Safeguarding, Deciding & Writing Awards, 03/05; Annual Arbitrator Update 2002; AAA Construction Arbitrator II Training, Atlanta, 4/02; AAA Construction Industry Arbitrator Training, Charlotte, 6/97; Duke University Private Adjudication Center Mediation Training, Durham, 5/96; AAA Mediation Training, Charleston, 8/90.
Memberships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association (Forum Committee on Construction Industry; ADR Section and Litigation Section);
- North Carolina Bar Association (Chairman, Private and Public Contract Committee; Founding Council Member, Construction Law Section; ADR Section and Litigation Section);
- Durham County Bar Association (Past President);
- Annual Meeting of Invited Attorneys (Co-sponsored by the American Institute of Architects, Professional Engineers in Private Practice, and Victor O. Schinnerer & Co., Inc.);
- Associated General Contractors of America (Associate Member, Carolinas Branch and Member, Joint Committee of NCBA Construction Law Section and Carolinas Association of General Contractors);
- Professional Construction Estimators Association of America, Inc. (Triangle Chapter).
Please contact me.