Academy Member Inducted 2009Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 1989
- Total Mediations (as of Oct 2022): 2500
- Total Arbitrations (as of Oct 2022): 150
Dan Gulden has mediated well over 2,500 cases since 1990 for private parties, the American Arbitration Assn. (AAA), Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Ga. court systems, federal government agencies, Fortune 500 companies, and national provider organizations and currently serves as a full-time neutral.
He has spoken to Dispute Resolution classes at area law schools, serves on panels at CLE programs, is a role play coach in mediation trainings and a judge in mock mediation competitions for mediators and advocates.
Dan's comments concerning Mediation were noted in the book titled "Expert Mediators", by Poitras and Raines (2013, Jason Aronson Pub).
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Debt Collections
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Family Businesses
- Libel & Slander
- Non-profit Organizations
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional Fees
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Trusts / Estates
- Dartmouth College (AB-1966)
- Emory University (JD-1969)
- Georgetown University (LL.M-1973)
- Yearly CLE involving Dispute Resolution per requirememts of the Ga. Commission on Dispute Resolution & the Ga. Bar
- Ongoing training with American Arbitration Assn. (AAA), including the following:
- AAA Dealing With Delay Tactics in Arbitration (ACE004), 2006;
- The Justice Center of Atlanta, Probate Mediation, 2005, 1992;
- Attended AAA Neutrals Conference, 2004;
- AAA Arbitration Awards: Safeguarding, Deciding & Writing Awards (ACE001), 2004;
- AAA Arbitrator Update, 2002;
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator II Training: Advanced Case Management Issues, 2001;
- Attended AAA Mediator Conference Workshop, 2000;
- AAA/USATF Doping Grievance Arbitrator Training, 2000;
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator Training, 1999;
- Third Judicial Administrative District in Georgia, The Mediation of Business Disputes, 1997;
- FINRA Role of the Chairperson Managing Large and Complex Cases;
- AAA Arbitration of a Complex Commercial Case;
- Justice Center of Atlanta, General Civil Mediation, 1990.
Memberships & Affiliations
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- State Bar of Georgia ( Dispute Resolution & Family Law Sections )
- Atlanta Bar Association - Dispute Resolution Section (Board & Past Chair), Labor and Employment, Family Law, Litigation, and Estate & Probate Sections.
- Sandy Springs Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Dispute Resolution Section, judge in law school mock mediation competition);
- Association for Conflict Resolution (Advanced Practitioner Member), Commercial, Workplace, Family Sections.
- Association of Professional Family Mediators.
$225 per hour per party in a 2-party case (total $450/hr. $195 per hour per party in a 3-party case.