Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Arizona, Florida, New York, WashingtonOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Fact Finding, Special Master
- Practice Commenced: 1976
- Total Mediations (as of Aug 2019): 8000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Aug 2019): 100
Debra Mellinkoff has been a professional mediator for 39 years and has resolved thousands of cases throughout the United States and Europe. For thirteen years, she also practiced law in New York City and San Francisco and specialized in civil litigation.
Ms. Mellinkoff's high settlement rate is a result of diligent preparation, an ability to quickly identify obstacles to settlement, and her extensive experience in dealing effectively with a variety of personalities.
In addition to a full time mediation practice, Ms. Mellinkoff has trained attorneys both to be effective advocates in mediation and to use this ADR process to resolve disputes before they escalate into litigation.
ADR Experience & Qualifications:
- Member of mediation panels for United States District Court Northern District of California, San Francisco Superior Court, Marin County Superior Court, San Mateo Superior Court, California Court of Appeal, United States Bankruptcy Court and FINRA, Inc.
- Successfully resolved numerous disputes before a lawsuit was ever filed.
- Noted for resolving disputes which involve parties with preexisting business or personal relationships.
- Conducted independent fact-finding in employment, discrimination and sexual harassment claims, including interviews of key witnesses and review of confidential information.
- Authored Department of Defense's manual "Use Mediation to Resolve Base Closure Disputes."
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Elder Abuse
- Entertainment Sector
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Public Policy
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- J.D. University of California Hastings College of the Law, 1981 (Recipient of Moot Court Award)
- Judicial Intern for the Honorable Charles E. Stewart, United States District Court Southern District of New York.
- B.A. University of California Santa Cruz, 1976 (Recipient of Crown Zellerbach Fellowship)
Memberships & Affiliations
Member of Society of Professionals in Dispute Resolution, The Mediation Society, ABA Committee on Mediation, ABA Committee on International Alternative Dispute Resolution, Association for Dispute Resolution of Northern California and California Dispute Resolution Council.
Active member, State Bar of California and New York
Former Member of the Board of Directors of the San Francisco Bar Association
Chairperson of Legal Employment Action Program of the San Francisco Bar Association
Please call for details.