With over 25 years of experience, Donald R. McNeil brings a unique approach to his mediation practice. Not only does Don use evaluative negotiation with input as a neutral, but his background as a trial attorney allows him to effectively evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of each case.
Don is known for bringing ingenuity to his work as a mediator, “I solve problems. I always recommend mediation before going to arbitration or trial, with a limited number of exceptions, and you will find that judges in Minnesota require it. I am honored to receive referrals from judges to mediate difficult business and employment disputes. I think I’m known for being a straight shooter. When I get a hold of a matter, I like to get on the phone with people right away to try to resolve it. I’ve seen so many clients with litigation fatigue. They start out all emotionally fired up, but it takes about six months, and they start looking for a way out. That is a good time for mediation.”
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Premises Liability
- Property Damage
- Title Disputes
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Mitchell Hamline Law School
Memberships & Affiliations
- Co-chaired the Minnesota Legislative Taskforce reviewing caseloads for special education
- Served on the Minnesota Department of Human Services Autism
- Spectrum Disorder (“ASD”) Advisory Council providing input into the development of a Medical Assistance benefit for children with ASD
- Past president and current Board Member of PACER Center, a national organization helping families and children with disabilities
- Served on the Minnesota Department of Education Finance Work Group
- Past member of the Minnesota Legislative Taskforce reviewing special education laws and regulations.
- He has been quoted in the Washington Post and other news media on issues affecting children with disabilities.
Please call for details.