Academy MemberMap & Directions
Recognized to North Carolina Chapter for Mediation & ArbitrationVideo Conferencing
Regularly travels out of state to: Georgia
- Practice Commenced: 1996
- Total Mediations (as of Oct 2020): 150
- Total Arbitrations (as of Oct 2020): 3
Mr. Beskind has been a practicing lawyer for over 35 years, handling both civil and criminal cases. His civil practice has covered virtually every kind of litigated matter. Since 1977, Mr. Beskind has been on the faculty at Duke Law School and taught primarily the courses in Tort, Trial Skills and Evidence.
As a mediator for more than 20 years, Mr. Beskind has handled everything from routine two party tort cases to high-stakes complex multiparty tort and commercial cases.
- ADA Disability
- Arts (Fine/Performing)
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Entertainment Sector
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Natural Disasters
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Religious Institutions
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Wrongful Death
- Duke University School of Law, LL.M., 1977.
- The University of Connecticut, J.D. cum laude, 1973.
- The George Washington University, B.A., 1969.
Memberships & Affiliations
- International Society of Barristers, Fellow
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Elected Member
- American Bar Association
- Southern Trial Lawyers Association, Fellow
- North Carolina Civil Liberties Union, Board of Directors, 1981-1987.
- North Carolina Prisoner Legal Services, Inc., Board of Directors, 1978-1996; President, 1984.
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers