- Practice Commenced: 2018
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 350
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2023): 20
After graduating from the University of Iowa law school in 1979 with High Distinction, I joined the Iowa Department of Justice working as a prosecutor in the Criminal Appeals and Area Prosecutions Divisions.
In 1986 I joined the Brick Gentry Law Firm in Des Moines practicing in all areas of general civil practice, focused on litigation.
I was appointed to the bench in Polk County in 1996 and retired in 2018 after 22 years of service.
In my years on the bench I presided over cases involving every area of civil litigation including employment, personal injury, professional negligence, business and family law.
- ADA Disability
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Elder Abuse
- Family Businesses
- Legal Malpractice
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Wrongful Death
- Juris Doctor, The University of Iowa College of Law 1979
Degree awarded with High Honors
Order of the Coif
- Bachelor of Science, The University of Iowa 1976
Memberships & Affiliations
- Mediator and Arbitrator June 2018 – current
- District Court Judge 2001 – 2018
- District Associate Judge 1996 – 2001
- Associate and Partner, Brick Gentry Law Firm 1986 – 1996
- Assistant Iowa Attorney General 1979 – 1986
Please call for details.