Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Connecticut, New Jersey, PennsylvaniaOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Early Neutral Evaluation, Med-Arb
Edna Sussman was selected based on peer review as one of the ten most outstanding international mediators by Who's Who Legal Commercial Mediation 2013 and as Best Lawyer’s 2012 New York City Mediation Lawyer of the Year. She is ranked by Chambers USA for International Arbitration.
Formerly a partner at White & Case and now a full time arbitrator and mediator she has served in over 300 domestic and international disputes and serves on leading ADR panels including AAA, ICDR, CPR, FINRA, and institutional panels in Hong Kong, South China, Shanghai, Singapore, Korea, Kuala Lumpur, Swiss, Vienna, Dubai, Kigali and British Columbia, Energy Arbitrators List Around the World, and the New York state federal and bankruptcy courts. She has been ranked as Tier One for Alternative Dispute Resolution in New York City by U.S. News & World Report, listed in the first edition of the International Who's Who of Commercial Mediation 2011 (one of 11 named in New York), the International Who's Who of Business Lawyers, and listed annually in Best Lawyers and Superlawyers for Alternative Dispute Resolution. Ms. Sussman is an arbitration and mediation trainer for the American Arbitration Association and has published and lectured extensively on the arbitration and mediation process. As an arbitrator, Ms. Sussman ensures that the parties get a fair and effectively managed proceeding. As a mediator, Ms. Sussman has a talent for guiding the parties to a mutually satisfactory settlement of the dispute.
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Media & Communications
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Columbia Law School (J.D. 1973);
- Barnard College (B. A. 1970) Bar Admissions: New York 1974;
Memberships & Affiliations
- Board and Executive Committee Member, American Arbitration Association; Chair of the board AAA/ICDR Foundation
- Vice Chair of the board of New York International Arbitration Center
- President_Elect and Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators.
- Co-Editor-In-Chief, New York Dispute Resolution Lawyer.
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, fellow
- Former Co- Chair Arbitration Committee, American Bar Association Section of International Law.
- Former Co-Chair Arbitration Committee, American Bar Association. Section of Dispute Resolution
- Former Chair, Dispute Resolution Section, New York State
- Federal, state and bankruptcy courts in New York, mediation panels
- American Arbitration Association (AAA)(since 1994), large complex case, commercial, and energy arbitration and mediation panels.
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution (ICDR), AAA, international division, large complex case, commercial and energy arbitration and mediation panels.
- International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution (CPR), commercial, international, energy oil & gas, franchise, banking, accounting and financial services arbitration and mediation panels.
- FINRA (formerly NASD and NYSE), arbitration & mediation panels.
- National Futures Association (NFA) arbitration panel
- U.S. Council of International Business (USCIB) for ICC International Court of Arbitration, registered arbitrator and mediator.
- U.S. Institute for Environmental Conflict Resolution roster.
- Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre, arbitration panel
- Chinese European Arbitration Centre (CEAC), arbitration panel.
- Association Suisse de l'Arbitrage, arbitration panel
- Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC) arbitration panel
- Energy Arbitrators List Around the World, administered by the ICDR.
- Dubai International Arbitration Centre, arbitration panel
- Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre for Arbitration, arbitration panel
- South China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission, Shenzhen Court of International Arbitration, arbitration panel
- Korean Commercial Arbitration Board, arbitration panel
- London Court of International Arbitration, listed in arbitrator data base
- U.S. District Courts (S.D.N.Y, E.D.N.Y), New York State Supreme Court, Commercial Division, U.S. Bankruptcy Courts (S.D.N.Y., E.D.N.Y.), mediation panels
- British Columbia International Commercial Arbitration Centre, arbitration panel
$580/hour for hearing, mediation session and study time. No charge for cancellation or travel other than out of pocket expenses for travel beyond 75 miles from New York City or to Chicago.