Academy MemberMap & Directions
Recognized to California Chapter for Mediation & Arbitration Other ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Fact Finding
Gilda R. Turitz is a full-time commercial arbitrator and mediator of complex commercial disputes, and previously a business trial lawyer with over 30 years' experience, based in San Francisco, California. Before establishing Turitz Dispute Resolution in September 2017, Ms. Turitz was a partner in, and the litigation and ADR practice group leader of, Sideman & Bancroft LLP, a woman-owned law firm. Prior to that, Ms. Turitz was the litigation practice group leader in the San Francisco office of the international law firm of Graham & James LLP.
Ms. Turitz has a regional and state-wide practice and is available to hear cases nationwide. Cases arbitrated and mediated run the gamut from the most complex commercial multi-contract and multi-party disputes to two party breach of contract claims, business tort, fraud, unfair business practices, securities, franchise, intellectual property and trusts and estates cases. In her practice, Ms. Turitz handles many "business divorces" that involve intra-corporate, partnership and LLC disputes as well as family-owned businesses; professional liability, including attorney and accountant malpractice; and employment matters involving trade secrets and non-competition and non-solicitation issues.
Ms. Turitz serves on the National Commercial Arbitration, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Mediation Panels of the American Arbitration Association; CPR's Panel of Distinguished Neutrals (California ADR and Banking, Accounting, and Financial Services Panels); Panel of Consumer Arbitration Program for Motor Vehicles (CAP-Motors); Panel of Trademark Mediators of the International Trademark Association (INTA); and mediation and early neutral evaluation panels for the U.S. District Court (N.D. Cal.) and Bay Area state courts. In SEC v. Prudential Securities (1994-1996), Ms. Turitz was appointed arbitrator in more than 300 arbitrations involving investor suitability and misrepresentation claims.
Ms. Turitz is a Fellow of the College of Commercial Arbitrators and is listed in Best Lawyers of America for Arbitration. Ms. Turitz has been recognized for over 15 years as a Northern California Super Lawyer in business litigation and alternative dispute resolution, and, in 2018 was recognized by Super Lawyers in theTop 50 Women Lawyers in Northern California. She also has a preeminent AV rating by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Turitz has been active in and held leadership roles in various ABA groups, including recently serving as Co-Chair of the Women in Dispute Resolution (WIDR) Committee of the Section of Dispute Resolution. In the Litigation Section, she has held leadership positions in the ADR and Woman Advocate Committees. In the Law Practice Management Section, she served as Co-Chair of Women Rainmakers group and was awarded that Section's Golden Hammer Award for her efforts in shattering the glass ceiling.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- University of California, Davis, School of Law - J.D. (Order of the Coif, Law Review, Wall Street Journal Student Achievement Award)
- University of California, Berkeley, School of Information (previously School of Librarianship), M.L.S.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor - B.A. With Distinction
Memberships & Affiliations
- College of Commercial Arbitrators, Fellow, 2016 - present
- American Bar Association:
- Co-Chair, Women in Dispute Resolution (WIDR) Committee, Section of Dispute Resolution, 2015-2018
- Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of Litigation Section, past Co-Chair, Program Subcommittee and past Co-Chair, Diversity Subcommittee
- Woman Advocate Committee of Litigation Section, Co-Chair, Membership Committee, 2009–11; Co-Chair, Rainmaking/Networking Committee, 2011-12; Editor, The Woman Advocate Newsletter, 2012-15 (editor of ADR-themed issue, Winter 2013)
- Co-Chair, Women Rainmakers Interest Group, Law Practice Management Section, 1992 – 1996; Executive Committee/Advisor, Women Rainmakers, 1996–2007
- California State Bar ADR Committee, appointed member, 2013-2016
- Equal Rights Advocates, Board of Directors, 2015-present; Secretary of Board, 2016-present
- The Mediation Society, Board of Directors, 2012–2015
- American Arbitration Association, Member of Advisory Council, San Francisco office, 2000–2010
- Association for Dispute Resolution of Northern California (ADR-NC, formerly Northern California Mediation Association), Board of Directors and Treasurer, 2001–02
- Anti-Defamation League, Central Pacific Region, Board of Directors, 2002-15; Executive Committee, 2004–09, 2013-15; Chair, Civil Rights Committee, 2013-15; National Civil Rights Committee and National Legal Affairs Committee member; Assistant National Commissioner, 2013-present
- Pilot/LEGIS, Board of Directors, and Claims Committee, 2004-17
$475 per hour for arbitration $450 per hour for mediation Flat fee rates may be available; please contact for details.