- Practice Commenced: 2017
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 400
JJ Johnston has been an attorney in California since 1986 and, prior to closing his law practice to start mediating full time, had practiced employment law for more than 20 years on both the plaintiff and defense side. He has substantial experience in all areas of employment law, including wrongful terminations, discrimination and retaliation cases, sexual harassment cases, wage and hour class actions, PAGA claims, prevailing wage claims, and fair pay act claims. While continuing to practice employment law, Mr. Johnston began mediating part time in 2002, and since that time he has mediated a large number of employment cases, both as a private mediator, and also as a neutral on various court and appellate mediation panels.
- ADA Disability
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Sexual Harassment
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A. 1976)
- McGeorge School of Law (J.D. 1986)
- Harvard Law School Negotiation Training Program
- Pepperdine University's “Mediating the Litigated Case” Training Program.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Member of California State Bar since December, 1986
- United States District Court, Eastern District of California, December, 1986
- United States District Court, Central District of California, March 1992
- United States Supreme Court, June 1990
- United States District Court, Southern District of California, August 2017.
Please call for details.