Academy Member Inducted 2011Map & Directions
- Practice Commenced: 2007
- Total Mediations (as of Feb 2023): 4000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Feb 2023): 30
Ken Bowen is certified by the Florida Supreme Court as a circuit-civil and county court mediator. Mr. Bowen is based in Pinellas County, but mediates and arbitrates cases throughout the Tampa Bay area and West Central Florida, including Hillsborough, Pinellas, Pasco, Polk, Manatee, Sarasota, Lake, Hernando, Citrus, Marion, Sumter, Charlotte, Lee and Orange Counties.
Ken Bowen is certified by the United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, to mediate cases in federal court, and he is on the roster of bankruptcy mediators for the United States Bankruptcy Court, Tampa Division. Ken Bowen is on mediation panels for the American Arbitration Association; the Hillsborough County Bar Foundation; Mediation Managers, Inc.; the State of Florida, Department of Business and Professional Regulation (arbitration proceedings conducted pursuant to Chapters 718 and 719 of the Florida Statutes), Florida’s Sixth Judicial Circuit, and several Residential Mortgage Foreclosure Managed Mediation Programs (pursuant to Florida Supreme Court Administrative Order AOSC09-54) throughout Florida.
Mr. Bowen was born and raised in St. Petersburg, Florida, but has lived and worked in Washington, D.C., Colorado, Central America, Europe, and South-East Asia. After the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001, Mr. Bowen joined the United States Coast Guard as a Port Security Specialist and was assigned to Port Security Unit 307, a deployable unit tasked with providing waterborne and shoreside security to high value assets in support of Department of Defense operations within theaters of war.
In 2016 Mediator Bowen created the Frogman Feast which is an annual celebrity chef charity event in St. Petersburg, Florida. By bringing together 15 elite chefs from around the country, a live band, vineyards, brewers, distilleries, and a silent auction, the Frogman Feast has raised more than $60,000 for the families of US Navy SEALs who never made it home.
Mr. Bowen's diverse background and experience provides him with a unique perspective that serves him well in his mediation practice.
Mr. Bowen will mediate or arbitrate any circuit-civil case, as well as pre-suit matters, including Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (mediated more than 1,000 Magnuson Moss Warranty Act cases as of 2018), auto dealership cases, FDCPA (Federal Debt Collection Protection Act) and TCPA (Telephone Consumer Protection Act), real estate, foreclosure, commercial, condominium, HOA (home owners association), construction, contract, corporate, elder care, employment and non-compete, franchise disputes, hurricane claims, insurance coverage and bad faith, sink hole, real estate, partnership disputes and dissolutions, personal injury and wrongful death, premises and product liability, probate, professional liability (accounting, dental, legal and medical), securities and any international legal matters.
As a seasoned litigator and trial attorney, Mr. Bowen recognizes the risks of trial and the benefit of a good, hard working mediator. Ken Bowen welcomes the opportunity to serve as your mediator or arbitrator.
- Banking & Finance
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Debt Collections
- Elder Abuse
- Family Businesses
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Medical Malpractice
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
- Georgetown University Law Center, LL.M. degree, International Business Law (With Distinction)
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D. degree (Cum Laude)
- National University of Singapore, Faculty of Law, summer 1997
- Florida State University, B.A. degree, Psychology and International Affairs , April 1990
- Universidad de Costa Rica, summer 1989
- Florida State University's Florence Study Center, Italy - 1988
Memberships & Affiliations
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, Federal Mediator
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Tampa Division, Bankruptcy Mediator
- Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Certified Mediator for arbitration proceedings conducted pursuant to Chapters 718 and 719 of the Florida Statutes.
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Court-Appointed Arbitrator
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit-Civil and County Court Mediator
- The Bar of the United States Court of International Trade
- The District of Columbia Bar, January 1999
- The Florida Bar, April 1998
- The Saint Petersburg Bar Association
- The Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
Mr. Bowen charges $250 per hour for a typical 2 party case and an additional $50 per hour for each additional party. The mediation fee is usually divided evenly between the parties, unless otherwise agreed or ordered by the Court. For example, for a typical two party case lasting 3 hours the fee, at $250 per hour, would be $750 total or $375 per party. There is a two(2) hour minimum fee for a half day mediation, and a four (4) hour minimum fee for a full day mediation. Fees may be lowered for certain cases, this will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Mr. Bowen does not charge for travel time within a two (2) hour radius, anything farther than two (2) hours will be billed at his normal hourly rate.
For ARBITRATION Fees, please call my office.