Academy Member Inducted 2006Map & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Colorado, NevadaOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Fact Finding, Insurance Umpire, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial Judge, Special Master
- Practice Commenced1996
- # of MEDS (as of 3/10/23)300
- # of ARBS (as of 3/10/23)300
Online / In-Person
Ken Malovos is a full-time mediator and arbitrator, who has resolved over 1000 cases in Sacramento, the San Francisco Bay Area and Southern California. He has been continuously selected as a Super Lawyer in Northern California for Alternative Dispute Resolution and as a Top Lawyer in Sacramento for both arbitration and mediation. He is a panel member of the American Arbitration Association and the Office of Administrative Hearings, State of California, among others. He tried or settled hundreds of complex business cases in state and federal courts, as well as before arbitration panels, over a 35+ year career as a trial lawyer.
Mr. Malovos serves as a mediator and arbitrator in all types of commercial and business disputes, including, but not limited to, contract, real estate, construction, consumer, banking, employment, intellectual property, partnership and corporation dissolution, legal and accounting malpractice, defamation, probate, business tort and unfair business practices.
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Media & Communications
- Medical Malpractice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Non-profit Organizations
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- AB: Stanford University, 1966 (Philosophy, Honors Tutorial Program)
- JD: University of California, Hastings College of the Law, 1969 (American Jurisprudence Award, Wills and Estates)
- American Arbitration Association (1993 to present)
- College of Commercial Arbitrators (2010 to present)
- American Arbitration Association (Sacramento) Arbitration I Course (1993)
- American Arbitration Association (San Francisco) Arbitration II Course (2002)
- Steven Rosenberg (San Francisco) Advanced Mediation Training Course (2004)
- Institute for Conflict Management (Santa Monica) Mediation Training Course (2006)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Panel Member, Commercial and Construction, Large Complex Cases and Mediation, American Arbitration Association.
- Panel Member, Public Works Contract Arbitration Program, Office of Administrative Hearings, State of California.
- Panel Member, Kaiser Permanente Mandatory Arbitation System
- Superior Court Judge, Pro Tempore, and Judicial Arbitrator, Sacramento County Superior Court.
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators.
- Arbitrator, California State Bar Association and Sacramento County Bar Association, Attorney/Client Fee Disputes.
- Member, ADR Section of the Sacramento County Bar Association.
Mediation and Arbitrations: $5,000 per day, payable in advance. Half-day and hourly rates for appropriate cases.
Referee and all other services: $500 per hour, paid in advance.