Academy MemberMap & Directions
Regularly travels out of state to: Colorado, NevadaOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Discovery Referee, Early Neutral Evaluation, Fact Finding, Insurance Umpire, Med-Arb, Mini-Trial Judge, Special Master
- Practice Commenced: 1996
- Total Mediations (as of Oct 2020): 300
- Total Arbitrations (as of Oct 2020): 300
Ken Malovos is a full-time mediator and arbitrator, who has resolved over 500 hundred cases in Sacramento and San Francisco. He has been selected as a Super Lawyer in Northern California, as an alternative dispute neutral. He is a panel member of the American Arbitration Association and the Office of Administrative Hearings, State of California. He brings immense experience to mediation and arbitration, having tried or settled hundreds of complex cases in state and federal courts, as well as before arbitration panels, over a 35+ year career as a trial lawyer.
Mr. Malovos serves as a mediator and arbitrator in all types of commercial and business disputes, including real estate, construction, employment, intellectual property, contract, partnership and corporation dissolution, legal and accounting malpractice, defamation, probate, tort and unfair business competition.
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Community Associations
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Media & Communications
- Medical Malpractice
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Non-profit Organizations
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- AB: Stanford University, 1966 (Philosophy, Honors Tutorial Program)
- JD: University of California, Hastings School of Law, 1969 (American Jurisprudence Award, Wills and Estates)
- American Arbitration Association (Sacramento) Arbitration I (1993);
- American Arbitration Association (San Francisco) Arbitration II (2002);
- Steven Rosenberg (San Francisco) Advanced Mediation Training (2004);
- Institute for Conflict Management (Santa Monica) Mediation Training (2006).
Memberships & Affiliations
- Superior Court Judge, Pro Tempore, and Judicial Arbitrator, Sacramento County Superior Court.
- Panel Member, Mediator, Arbitrator and Large Complex Cases, American Arbitration Association.
- Panel Member, Public Works Contract Arbitration Program, Office of Administrative Hearings, State of California.
- Panel Member, Kaiser Permanente Mandatory Arbitation System
- Fellow, College of Commercial Arbitrators.
- Member, California Dispute Resolution Council
- Member, Association of Conflict Resolution
- Arbitrator, California State Bar Association and Sacramento County Bar Association, attorney/client fee disputes.
- Chair, ADR Section of the Sacramento County Bar Assn.
Mediation and arbitrations: $4,000 per day, payable in advance. Half-day and hourly rates for appropriate cases.
Referee and all other services: $450 per hour, paid in advance.