Academy Member Inducted 2021
- Practice Commenced2006
- # of MEDS (as of 4/12/23)1000
- # of ARBS (as of 4/12/23)3
Online / In-Person
Fun fact: if you have enough gray hair, folks think you have half sense and enough relevant legal experience to help people resolve disputes fairly and economically.
I hope that is true. After over 40 years as a lawyer and over 200 jury trials from Memphis to the Tri-cities, I'm not often surprised by much. With much of my work life is devoted to a civil mediation, I enjoy trying to help parties work past the hard, real financial and emotional barriers that impede settlement of disputes.
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Legal Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Religious Institutions
- Wrongful Death
- University of Tennessee, Knoxville (B.A., 1978). Political Science major and Agriculture minor
- Vanderbilt University School of Law (J.D., 1981)
University of Tennessee College of Trial Advocacy (1987)
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy Master Advocacy Program (1994)
Memberships & Affiliations
Present and past:
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Civil Trial Advocate (since 1994)
- Civil Pretrial Practice Advocate
- Tennessee Bar Association, including Chair of Torts and Insurance Section
- Nashville Bar Association
- Williamson County Bar Association
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Defense Research Institute
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys
- Tennessee Defense Lawyers Association
- National Association of Subrogation Professionals
The mediation rate is $350.00 for mediations conducted through December 31, 2023 and $385.00 per hour for mediations conducted after January 1, 2024.
The arbitration rate is $480.00 per hour.
While there is presently no cancellation fee, early notice allows others booking a wider array of scheduling options.