- Practice Commenced: 2016
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2021): 250
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2021): 5
Judge Lang Floyd served 20 years as a district and circuit judge in the 28th Judicial Circuit of Alabama, including his last two years as presiding judge of the circuit. After 20 years of service, Lang retired from the bench in 2016 and began his ADR practice. He currently manages a full-time statewide mediation practice from his hometown of Fairhope.
During his years as a trial judge, Judge Floyd presided over more than 6000 civil cases, including over 200 jury trials and 750 non-jury trials, with some of the more complex civil litigation cases in Alabama's 28th Judicial Circuit. Many of the trials included catastrophic injuries involving products liability, medical malpractice, vehicular collisions, commercial and residential construction defects, municipal liability, and general litigation cases.
During his tenure on the bench, Judge Floyd served for 10 years as Chair of the Alabama Court Technology Commission, during the initial development and implementation of the Alacourt and Alafile electronic filing systems. In 2015, he was honored for his contributions to the system by being awarded the Alabama State Bar Judicial Award of Merit.
In addition to an active mediation/arbitration practice, in 2019, Chief Justice Tom Parker re-activated Judge Floyd to be the liaison for the court system to the state legislature, specifically dealing with the trial court budget and other financial court bills. Since 2107, Lang has served as an Alabama State Bar Commissioner, representing Baldwin County. In June 2020, the Alabama Supreme Court retained Judge Floyd to manage the court system’s $10,000,000 reimbursement budget of COVID-19 funds under the federal Cares Act and assist in developing a plan for re-opening the trial court system.
Judge Floyd served 28 years in the Army Reserves as a Judge Advocate General, retiring at the rank of lieutenant colonel. He and his wife, Debbie, have been married 40 years and have two daughters and one granddaughter.
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Family Businesses
- Legal Malpractice
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Liability
- Property Damage
- Trusts / Estates
- Wrongful Death
- Troy University, Troy, Alabama, B.S. in Accounting/Business Administration (1978)
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, J.D. (1984)
- Alumnus of the National Judicial College (1997)
Memberships & Affiliations
• 2018 Fellow, Alabama Law Foundation
• 2017 Howell Heflin Honesty & Integrity in the Professional Award Recipient
• 2015 Alabama State Bar Judicial Award of Merit Recipient
• Bar Commissioner for Baldwin County, Alabama State Bar (2017-present)
• Advisory Committee of the Alabama Rules of Evidence of the Alabama State Bar
• Past member, Education and Executive Boards of the Alabama Circuit Judge's Association
• Past chair, Court Technology Commission for the Alabama Administrative Office of Courts (2005-
• All State Courts in Alabama (1984)
• All State Courts in Florida (1986)
• United States District Court Southern District of Alabama
• United States District Court Northern District of Florida
• United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
• United States Supreme Court
$300.00/hour standard rate but negotiable. Call to discuss.