Academy Member Inducted 2023
Regularly travels out of state to: Rhode IslandOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Facilitation & Systems Design
- Practice Commenced: 1990
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 1000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2023): 50
Loraine M. Della Porta is an experienced mediator, arbitrator and organizational consultant. She specializes in the areas of labor and employment, education, and land-use disputes.
Over her career, she has mediated hundreds of disputes focusing on EEO/civil rights, employment, union, labor/management, education, foreclosure, land-use, and environmental disputes. She recently added ERISA disability cases to her list of competencies. In addition to her own practice, she has trained and supervised upcoming mediators.
As a member of the Organizational Practice, she brings a wealth of experience in private and public sectors providing conflict prevention, conflict assessment and organizational development. Loraine is a skilled facilitator and has led facilitation teams for a number of consensus building and public engagement processes for federal, state and municipalities. She has designed and delivered conflict resolution trainings and internal capacity building programs with a focus on leadership development and diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives. Loraine is a seasoned investigator providing a neutral and respectful approach to claims of harassment, retaliation and discrimination. She has a great deal of experience mentoring affiliate practitioners and providing consultation and coaching for public officials, agency sponsors and convenors.
- ADA Disability
- Arts (Fine/Performing)
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Entertainment Sector
- Family Businesses
- Land Use/Planning
- Lemon Law
- Non-profit Organizations
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Public Policy
- Sexual Harassment
- Title Disputes
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Juris Doctorate from Roger Williams University School of Law
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Management from Providence College
- Studied extensively at Pepperdine University’s Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution.
Memberships & Affiliations
- Adjunct Professor of Law at Roger Williams University School of Law
- Past President of the New England Chapter of the Association for Conflict Resolution (NE-ACR)
- Past President of the Center for Mediation and Collaboration Rhode Island (CMCRI).
Please call for details.