Academy MemberMap & Directions
As an av-rated attorney and with a trial practice of over 26 years, Lynn Cole has been a fulltime ADR PRofessional, mediator, arbitrator and ADR Consultant, for over 10 years. She brings to her full time dispute resolution practice an extensive knowledge of procedure and evidence, both state and federal. Having worked with both private and governmental clients, she has served as a Special Master, an SEC receiver, a neutral evaluator and settlement counsel. She serves the United States District Courts in the Middle District of Florida and Florida State Courts as certified federal and state civil court mediator and arbitrator. She also is certified by the International Mediation Institute ("IMI"), holding the Intercultural Certification . Her mission is to use her tenacity, wealth of varied trial experience and commitment to professional conduct in successfully resolving litigation disputes.
She as served in over 200 arbitrations, 5 of which she has chaired, and 340 mediations focusing on labor and employment and commercial and contractual issues.
Florida certified and Harvard trained in mediation, Ms. Cole has ADR experience in resolving a wide variety of disputes in: anti-trust; banking; business and commercial; contracts; construction; labor and employment; securities; utilities; partnerships; and insurance. In addition to her active domestic practice, she served for over ten years as a USAID Mediation Specialist developing court-related mediation programs in Bulgaria, Jordan, Kosovo and Sri Lanka.
She also curretnly serves as the President and CEO of BRDGES Academy educating arbitrators, mediators and conflict resolution practitioners around the globe on developing their intercultraul skills.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Civil Rights
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Health Care
- Legal Malpractice
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Non-profit Organizations
- Nursing Homes
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Public Policy
- Shareholder Disputes
- Harvard University Law School -Mediation Program - 2004
- John Marshall Law School, 1975, Juris Doctor
- University of Maryland - College Park, MD, Post Graduate work - Master's Degree in Counseling.
- University of Maryland - Annapolis, MD B.A.
- Advanced Commercial Mediation Institute-2006 & 2007
Memberships & Affiliations
- Mediators Beyond Borders, Founding Member, member BOD and President (2007-present); President and Chair of the Board, 2014-17)
- International Mediation Leadership Summit, The Hague (ABA/DR Section)?invited member
- IMI (International Mediation Institute), Internationally Certified Mediator (2009 - current) Interculturally Certified by IMI.
- CPR (International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolution), Mediator and Arbitrator panels
- WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization), located in The Hague, Invited Mediator
- AAA (American Arbitration Association), Mediator and Arbitrator Roster of Neutrals
- NAF (National Arbitration Forum) Mediator and Arbitrator Roster of Neutrals
- USCIB (U.S. Council for International Business?), listed as Arbitrator and Mediator
- FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority?), arbitrator
- NAM (National Arbitrators and Mediators) Neutral Roster, Mediator and Arbitrator
- Resolute Systems, Inc., Panel of Neutrals, Arbitrator and Mediator
- Arbitral Judge, the Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Vienna-current
- Special Magistrate appointed by Circuit Civil Judge, 13th Judicial Circuit of Florida, in multi-party case (2007-2008)
- Assn. of Conflict Resolution (ACR) International Board of Directors (2008-present)
- Federal Bar Association, ADR Section, Chair, (2004 - 2007)
- Florida Academy of Mediators (FAPM), Adm. Vice-President, (2006-2008)
- Tampa Commission on Ethics, Appointed by Mayor, Chair 2010 (2004-present)
- Mediation Qualifications Board, Founding Member, Appointed by FL Supreme Court (1991-2002); Served on the Mediation Qualification Board for 11 years.
- Civil Justice Reform Act Advisory Commission, Chair, appointed by Chief Judge, M.D.FL, (1997-98) (Recommended designed and inclusion of ADR system in M.D. Florida federal courts)
- Florida Bar Association, International Section (member)
Please call 813-223-7009 for details or email your inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an expedited response.