Academy Member Inducted 2023
- Practice Commenced: 1990
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 400
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2023): 12
For more than 40 years Marvin Infinger has counseled clients in complex disputes, resolving matters in the areas of admiralty and maritime, business, construction, government, environment, intellectual property, probate, product liability, real property, and appellate practice. His experience and depth of knowledge in these areas is exemplified by his many awards and accolades: he has been listed in Best Lawyers in America annually since 2005 and has been named Charleston’s “Bet-the-Company Litigator of the Year” and “Lawyer of the Year” in the areas of intellectual property (2015) and admiralty and maritime law (2019). He has been recognized by Chambers USA in South Carolina annually since 2011 in general commercial litigation and is also recognized by Super Lawyers and Benchmark Litigation. He holds an AV preeminent rating with Martindale Hubbell, the highest available rating.
Marvin Infinger is also an accomplished mediator, having mediated hundreds of cases over the years and has served as arbitrator and special master appointed by the court to try matters to conclusion.
He is the former Chair of the Advisory Committee for the District of South Carolina, formed to develop a plan mandated by Congress under The Civil Justice Reform Act of 1990. He is a former member of the State Ethics Commission, a former Commissioner on the Board of Grievances and Discipline (now The Office of Disciplinary Counsel), a former faculty member for the South Carolina Bar Bridge the Gap in the area of products liability and a former member of the American Bar Association’s standing committee on public education. Infinger earned his undergraduate degree from the University of South Carolina and his Juris Doctor from the University’s School of Law.
When he is not in a courtroom, conference room or the office, Marvin enjoys writing, reading and the outdoors.
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Family Businesses
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Personal Injury
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Public Policy
- Sexual Harassment
- Shareholder Disputes
- Unfair Competition
- Wrongful Death
- Bachelor of Arts University of South Carolina cum laude
- Juris Doctorate University of South Carolina School of Law Order of the Wig and Robe
Memberships & Affiliations
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- Charleston Maritime Law Institute
- James L. Petigru American Inn of Court
- Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference, permanent member
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- South Carolina Bar, Trial and Appellate Advocacy Section
- Charleston County Bar Association
$450/hour divided equally amongst all parties. In complex matters, special fee arrangements may be required including Pro Rata charges.