Academy Member Inducted 2008Map & Directions
Recognized to North Carolina Chapter for Mediation & Arbitration Other ADR Services: Fact FindingVideo Conferencing
- Practice Commenced1993
- # of MEDS (as of 4/10/23)
- # of ARBS (as of 4/10/23)
Online / In-Person
Richard Conner grew up in Greensboro, where he now lives. He has been practicing law since 1973. The focus of his practice is construction law. Mr. Conner is experienced as an advocate and in the defense of construction claims. His professional practice is concentrated in the areas of construction mediation, arbitration, litigation, project management and contract documents preparation for local government and private industry clients. As a part of his private practice, he served for sixteen years as general counsel to the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA).
His dispute resolution experience as a neutral includes extended service as a member of dispute review boards for multi-billion dollar toll roads.
- Contract Disputes
- Real Estate
- B.A., Guilford College - 1970.
- J.D., University of North Carolina - 1973
- North Carolina Bar Association Annual Meeting, from A-M: Arbitration and Mediation in NC 2007
- AAA - Dealing with Delay Tactics in Arbitration (ACE004), 2006
- NCBA - Mediators more than Messengers, 2005
- Faculty, AAA Arbitrator Ethics and Disclosure (ACE003) - 2004,2005
- AAA - Arbitrator Update, 2003
- AAA - Construction Industry Arbitrator Training II, 2001
- AAA - Construction Industry Arbitrator Training, 1997
- AAA - Commercial Panel Arbitrator/Mediator Training, 1996
- American College of Contruction Lawyers Partnering Workshop, 1996
- AAA Mediator Training, 1992/93
- AAA Superior Court Mediation Training, 1992/93
- Duke University Private Adjudication Center Training, 1990
Memberships & Affiliations
Mr. Conner is a Fellow and member of the Board of Governors of the American College of Construction Lawyers. He is a member of the American Bar Association and the ABA Forum on the Construction Industry, where he has chaired the Steering Committee for Division 4, Construction Management, Design Build and Related Concepts. He is a charter member of the Construction Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association. He is also a member of the Greensboro Bar Association. He is certified as a Superior Court Mediator and as a District Court Arbitrator by the Dispute Resolution Commission of the State of North Carolina. Mr. Conner is on the Large Complex Case Program (LCCP) Panel of Arbitrators for the American Arbitration Association. He is also a member of the panel of private judges for the Private Adjudication Center of the Duke University School of Law.
Please call for details.