Academy Member Inducted 2023
Regularly travels out of state to: District of ColumbiaOther ADR Services: ADR Training/CME, Early Neutral Evaluation, Med-Arb
- Practice Commenced: 1981
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 1000
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2023): 50
Attorney Baum of the Law Offices of Robert L. Baum is a qualified, experienced business and family law attorney in Rockville, MD. He’s been helping clients resolve their disputes favorably in the fastest, most cost-effective way for more than two decades.
With experience in litigation, mediation, and arbitration, Bob can help you with all of your family and business disputes.
When you hire Bob for your case, you’ll be working with a leader in the field. He has extensive experience in the Best Interest Attorney practices and as a parent coordinator. He’s an author, teacher, and nationally acclaimed lecturer on ADR practices. Bob is also a divorced parent who has gone through the litigation and mediation process, and he has owned a radio station in Hawaii.
Not only does Bob have extensive knowledge of family and business law matters, but he also has personal experience as well. Call the law office today to work with an attorney who can pull from training and personal knowledge to resolve your case.
- Business Dissolution
- Civil Rights
- Contract Disputes
- Cross Cultural
- Divorce (High Asset)
- Elder Abuse
- Energy Sector (Oil/Gas)
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Lemon Law
- Libel & Slander
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Native American
- Natural Disasters
- Nursing Homes
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Public Policy
- Real Estate
- Sexual Harassment
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Dartmouth College with honors in 1977
- Washington University School of Law in 1981
- Member of the Maryland Bar
- Member of the California Bar
- Member of the Washington, D.C. Bar
Memberships & Affiliations
- Founding member of the Maryland Collaborative Practice Council
- Founding member of the Collaborative Dispute Resolution Professionals
- Chair of the Montgomery County Bar Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Section
- Chair of the Maryland State Advisory Council on Medical Privacy and Confidentiality
- Maryland Mediation and Conflict Resolution Office (MACRO) committee member
- Of-counsel to Bromberg, Rosenthal, LLP, a prestigious Maryland law firm
- Served on the Maryland Medical Advisory Commission on Practice Parameters
- Attorney with Arent Fox Kintner Plotkin & Kahn and Dobrotvir and Gebhardt in Washington, D.C.
- Appointed by former President Bill Clinton to several federal positions.
- Appointed to direct the Office of Hearing and Appeals at the U.S. Department of the Interior, where he established the department’s ADR program
- Served on the U.S. Department of Justice’s ADR committee.
- Served as a special assistant to the Secretary for Dispute Resolution. He resolved numerous environmental and employment disputes.
- Chief counsel to the United States Parks Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, another presidential appointment
- Directed the litigation and settlement of a number of environmental and land use disputes.
$350-500 depending upon the case. Please call for details