Academy MemberMap & Directions
Mr. Fogel has acted as arbitrator in over 300 commercial matters since 1974, more than 15% of which were large or complex matters heard by three arbitrator panels. He has also served as a mediator in more than 300 commercial disputes since 1994.
He completed 14 months of service on national panel of mediators and arbitrators in connection with the settlement of national insurance company policyholder federal class action litigation, mediating and arbitrating more than 200 policyholder disputes. He concluded more than two years service as an arbitrator and mediator in a mass claims proceeding arising out of the settlement of class action litigation brought by various employees of a State regarding on-call compensation, in connection with which he mediated or arbitrated close to 300 separate employee claims.
Many of the cases handled as a mediator and as an arbitrator have involved multi-party disputes, including, for example, construction disputes between owners, general contractors, subcontractors and architects; corporate and partnership split ups and reorganizations having three or more factions; real estate disputes between purchasers, sellers, real estate brokers and title companies; class action settlements involving thousands of claimants and multiple governmental agencies; and public sector matters involving representatives of various state, county and municipal departments, property owners, citizen groups, school districts and other interested parties.
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Class Actions
- Consumer Fraud
- Contract Disputes
- Eminent Domain
- Family Businesses
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Legal Malpractice
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Product Liability
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Professional Negligence
- Public Policy
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- University of Pittsburgh (B.A. 1962)
- University of Chicago (J.D. 1965)
- American Arbitration Association ( AAA ) Mediation Training (Phoenix 1/94)
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator Training (Phoenix 3/99)
- AAA Mediator Conference (Chicago 9/00)
- AAA Arbitrator Update (2001)
- AAA Commercial Arbitrator II Training (Las Vegas, 4/01)
- American Bar Association
- American College of Civil Trial Mediators
- International Academy of Mediators
- National Institute on Advanced Mediation and Advocacy Skills Training (San Francisco 12/02)
- AAA Arbitrator Update (2003)
- AAA Neutrals Conference ('03, '04, '05, '06, '09)
- Arizona Dispute Resolution Association ( ADRA ) workshops (1995)
- ADRA workshops (Annually 1996-2002)
- ABA - Section of Dispute Resolution ( ABA Dispute Resolution Section ) Annual Meeting workshops (San Francisco, 4/00)
- ABA Dispute Resolution Section Annual Meeting workshops (2003-present)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Panel of Commercial Arbitrators of American Arbitration Association,1974 to present
- AAA Panel of Commercial Mediators, 1994 to present
- AAA Large Complex Case Panel
- AAA Arizona Advisory Council, 1995 to present
- Executive Council of the ADR Section of the State Bar of Arizona, 2006 to 2011 (Chair, 2008-2009, Immediate Past Chair, 2009-2010)
- The Best Lawyers in America in Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011
- Arizona's Finest Lawyers, 2010 and 2011
- Best Lawyers "Best Law Firms" Rankings by U.S. News in Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2010
- Member of the Maricopa County, Illinois, Arizona and American Bar Associations, including membership in Sections on Litigation; Business Law; Trial Practice; and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Arizona Association for Conflict Resolution (formerly AZ Dispute Resolution Association).
- Association for Conflict Resolution.
- Founding Fellow of the Arizona Bar Foundation.
Daily Rate: $3,400 Study Time and Travel: Study time at $425 per hour. Mediation and arbitration sessions conducted outside metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona area, compensation based upon minimum 8-hour day and hourly for additional travel time, plus travel expenses. Cancellation Policy: Once hearing dates are scheduled, a cancellation charge for time not able to be filled may be charged, based upon the number of days scheduled and the length of the advance notice of cancellation