Academy Member Inducted 2005
Simon M. Harrison Esq.
P.O. Box 07372
Fort Myers, FL 33919
Fax: (855) 244-8268
- Practice Commenced1992
- # of MEDS (as of 6/6/23)5000
- # of ARBS (as of 6/6/23)150
Online / In-Person
Simon M. Harrison has been a full time Mediator since 1992, mediating in excess of 5000 cases over a broad range of subject matter in both State and Federal court.
Simon is an AV rated attorney, practicing in Lee County and throughout Southwest Florida since 1978. Through the use of virtual technology, Simon now provides ADR services throughout the state. Simon was a partner in the firm of Perch and Harrison, P. A. of Fort Myers and Lehigh Acres from 1979 to 1992 (and remained of counsel until 1996), engaging in a broad based transactional and litigation practice. He has extensive litigation experience in real property disputes, construction and mechanic's lien disputes, insurance matters, business disputes, contractual issues, mortgage foreclosures, and both secured and unsecured collections. He advised large and small land developers, real estate brokers, and contractors with dispute resolution, litigation, and regulatory compliance. He also represented Banks, Savings and Loans, and other lending clients on a wide variety of transactional and litigation matters, and supervised negotiation and documentation of both commercial and residential loan workout arrangements.
Although Simon's background as a practitioner was primarily in real estate, construction, and commercial matters, all of which remain areas of particular expertise, his years of mediation experience have provided him with significant knowledge and experience in numerous other areas of civil litigation such as , condemnation, ADA compliance, and personal injury, which now compromise a significant portion of his work.
In addition to his work as a Mediator, Simon frequently serves as an Arbitrator in both binding and non binding Arbitrations, and as a Special Magistrate in FLUEDRA and general Circuit Civil proceedings.
ADR Certifications and Approvals
- Certified Circuit Court Mediator (Florida)
- Qualified as Circuit Court Arbitrator (Florida)
- Certified County Court Mediator (Florida)
- Approved Federal Court Mediator (Middle District of Florida)
- Approved Florida Department of Insurance Mediator
- Florida Condominium, Cooperative, and Community Association Mediator
- Florida Homeowners Association Mediator
- Listed Practitioner-Florida Conflict Resolution Consortium
- ADA Disability
- Banking & Finance
- Business Dissolution
- Community Associations
- Contract Disputes
- Debt Collections
- Eminent Domain
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Land Use/Planning
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Medical Malpractice
- Mortgage Foreclosure
- Personal Injury
- Professional Fees
- Professional Liability
- Professional Negligence
- Property Damage
- Real Estate
- Shareholder Disputes
- Title Disputes
- Trusts / Estates
- Unfair Competition
- Wrongful Death
- J.D. (Honors) University of Florida, 1978
- B.A. Political Science (Honors) University of Florida, 1975
- Mediation Training -- American Arbitration Association, 1992
Memberships & Affiliations
- The Florida Bar
- Federal Court-Middle District of Florida
- Lee County Bar Association
- National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- Florida Circuit-Civil Mediator Society (Former Advisory Committee Member)
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators, Inc.
- Former Director, Conant Mediation Center, Program Manager for RMFM Program, Twentieth Judicial Circuit of Florida
- Former Co-Chair of the Lee County Bar Association ADR Practice Section
Simon Harrison has substantial experience in both administering and conducting Video Mediations/Arbitrations.
Rates for video sessions are $350 per hour, divded between the parties. Rates for in person sessions are $400 per hour, divided between the parties.
Contact the office for information on minimum charges, which vary depending on type of case (Mediation or Arbitration), location, and time reserved (full or half day) and information as to cancellation policies