Academy Member Inducted 2023
- Practice Commenced: 1989
- Total Mediations (as of Jan 2023): 350
- Total Arbitrations (as of Jan 2023): 500
Primary arbitration practice areas include employment/labor, business torts, business/commercial/contracts, health, insurance, intellectual property, libel/slander/defamation and personal injury.
Issues in employment matters include Title VII, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADEA, OSHA, ERISA benefits, non-compete agreements, individual employment contracts, tort claims and FLSA collective actions. The FLSA cases generally center on overtime, exempt classification and hours worked. The statutory discrimination claims involve race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, harassment, retaliation and wrongful discharge. The FMLA claims focus on notice issues, qualification for leave and reinstatement to an equivalent position. The ERISA issues generally involve denial of benefit claims under a health care plan. Employment contract claims usually involve severance pay, non-compete agreements, breach of confidentiality, bonuses and stock options. Employment tort claims include invasion of privacy, defamation, and battery.
With respect to commercial matters, the issues involve franchise disputes focusing on breach of contract, termination, royalty payments, non-compete agreements and software disputes involving adequacy of deliverables and breach of specifications.
Personal injury claims include coverage issues, negligence claims, automobile collisions as well as claims against non-subscribers to the Texas Workers’ Compensation Act.
- ADA Disability
- Contract Disputes
- Entertainment Sector
- Health Care
- Intellectual Property
- Local Govt./Municipalities
- Personal Injury
- Sexual Harassment
- Unfair Competition
- Wage & Hour/FMLA
- Texas A&M University (BA, Mathematics, summa cum laude-1973; BA, Philosophy, summa cum
- Harvard Law School (JD-1976)
Memberships & Affiliations
- Association of Attorney Mediators (Past President, North Texas Chapter)
- Attorney Mediators Institute (Faculty)
- College of the State Bar of Texas, 1991 to date
- College of Labor & Employment Lawyers, Fellow
- Dallas Area Labor and Employment Law Group (Past President and Secretary)
- Dallas Bar Association (Employment, Franchise, and ADR Sections)
- Dallas Bar Foundation, Life Fellow
- National Academy of Arbitrators (Board of Governors 2021-2024)
- Texas Bar Association (Employment and ADR Sections)
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Who’s Who Legal, Texas 2008 (Arbitration)
- AV Peer Review Rated Martindale-Hubbell
Please call for details.